Our editors will review what you’ve submitted and determine whether to revise the article. Britannica is the ultimate student resource for key school subjects like history, government, literature, and more. A class size experiment in the United States found that attending small classes for three or more years in the early grades increased high school graduation rates of students from low income families.
- Programs at ISCED level 2, lower secondary education are usually organized around a more subject-oriented curriculum; differing from primary education.
- Depending on the system, schools for this period, or a part of it, may be called secondary or high schools, gymnasiums, lyceums, middle schools, colleges, or vocational schools.
- Benchmarks set out the national standards expected within each curriculum area at each level.
- Preschools provide education from ages approximately three to seven, depending on the country when children enter primary education.
- These critics say that the internationalization of